Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa
- 2 cups Reiter Dairy whole milk
- ½ cup bittersweet or dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons homemade caramel sauce or purchased caramel ice cream topping
- Pinch Maldon® sea salt flakes
- Mini marshmallows, caramel sauce, Maldon® sea salt flakes, if desired
- In 1-quart saucepan combine milk, chocolate chips, caramel sauce and sea salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate chips are melted.
- Add additional caramel and salt to flavor level preferred.
- Use milk frother, hand blender or whisk to fully blend.
- Pour into mugs; top with mini marshmallows, drizzle of caramel sauce and sprinkle of sea salt flakes, if desired.
Tip: Serve with dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate dipped pretzel sticks for stirring.
Tip: Top with mini marshmallows and crushed peppermint candies or candy canes; serve with mini candy canes for stirring.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half magazine.